Catherine Fox is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. She has two teenagers who keep her busy with their never ending activities, and a husband who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. Catherine can never find balance in her life, is always trying to find time to go to the gym, can never keep up with emails, Facebook or Twitter and tries to write page-turning books that her readers will love. A maritime native and former financial officer, Catherine has lived all over Canada but has finally settled down in her childhood hometown with her family.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Chocolate
2. Snow – love it or hate it? Love it on Christmas morning, hate it every other day.
3. Christmas shopping – when do you start? July
4. When do you start decorating? End November
5. Do you decorate outside? No
6. Real or artificial tree? Artificial
7. Coloured or white lights on tree? White
8. Do you have a favourite ornament? Pickle bulb. I hide it in tree and kids have to find it Christmas morning.
9. What sits on top of your tree? Star
10. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes
11. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Yes
12. What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa? Chocolate chip, and carrots for the reindeer of course
13. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? Big family dinner
14. What is your favourite Christmas dessert? No favorite. LOVE all desserts.
15. Do you cook Christmas dinner or go to a family member’s house? Different every year
16. Favourite holiday memory as a child? Sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night just to look at tree and the presents underneath it. Beautiful and so peaceful.
17. Favourite holiday memory as an adult? Sleigh ride Christmas eve with kids and friends.
18. What was the best gift you received and who gave it to you? My daughter made me a memory box. She spent weeks on it, and it's beautiful.
19. What is your favourite Christmas carol? Winter Wonderland.
20. What is your favourite Christmas movie? Scrooge