Colette Cleary: I am a married, mother of two that works as a Utility worker with Halifax Water, I enjoy family time and painting and drawing.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Equally enjoy both egg nog and hot chocolate
2. Snow – love it or hate it? Hate it
3. Christmas shopping – when do you start? Mid November
4. When do you start decorating? First week of December
5. Do you decorate outside? Yes decorate outside
6. Real or artificial tree? Real tree
7. Coloured or white lights on tree? White lights on tree
8. Do you have a favourite ornament? No one favourite ornament
9. What sits on top of your tree? Angel on top of tree
10. Do you hang mistletoe? No mistletoe
11. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? No don't open gifts on christmas eve
12. What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa? Shortbread cookies for santa
13. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? Open stockings first, then Big breakfast then, open gifts to help prolong the big morning.
14. What is your favourite Christmas dessert? Various types of pie
15. Do you cook Christmas dinner or go to a family member’s house? I cook Christmas dinner
16. Favourite holiday memory as a child? Favourite memory is waking up when all were sleeping and discovering all the presents in the dark and waking up siblings to share the news with them.
17. Favourite holiday memory as an adult? Favourite memory as an adult is hearing the kids creep into my bedroom to see is we are awake yet, and then their excitement to see we are, so they can share their discoveries.
18.What was the best gift you received and who gave it to you? Best gift received, really was watching my kids open the box with Mickey Mouse toys and a picture of an airplane to discover they would be going to Disneyworld that year, and the excitement they had, and the great memories we experienced from that gift.
19. What is your favourite Christmas carol? O Holy Night!
20.What is your favourite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life, and I still cry everytime, Everytime!