Monday, July 9, 2012

The Author's Den - Denise Moncrief

Welcome to The Author's Den, Denise. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a Southern girl. I’ve lived in Louisiana all my life. And yes, I have a drawl. Writing is my passion. I’ve been writing off and on since I was seventeen. I tell people accounting is a skill I learned to earn some money to support my writing habit. I have a wonderful husband and two incredible children. They not only endure my writing moods, but also encourage me to indulge my passion.

1. What did you want to be when you were twelve years old?
A singer. Needless to say, my singing career never took off! But I still like to belt one out in the shower.

2. What do you often eat for your breakfast?
I don’t usually eat breakfast, but when I do I stop by on my way to work and get a chicken burrito and a fruit cup. I like breakfast for dinner though. Pancakes and waffles and bacon and eggs.

3. How many hats are in your house?
Hats? You didn’t mean cats? No cats. Okay, but hats? My daughter has a drawer full of them. I bet there are fifty hats in this house.

4. If we came to your home and looked in your refrigerator, what would we find?
One leftover Gordita from Taco Bell. (I just ate the leftover taco! Not so yum leftover!) Some already fried meat and already baked chicken. (To make meal prep quicker when I get home from work.) Two-year-old olives from a Christmas dinner. The usual condiments. A gallon jug of milk. My daughter’s homecoming corsage from last October. One partially drank PowerAde. One more helping of premixed waffle batter. Lunchables. Fruit. You know, the usual.

5. Do you install toilet paper so that you pull from the top or the bottom of the roll?
From the top. My husband and I had this discussion twenty-nine years ago. I won.

6. If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be, and why?
A momma jaguar. Rawr.

7. If you were a car, what kind would you be?
I’d be a convertible.

8. If you were a Star Trek or Star Wars character, which one would you be, and why?
Hahaha. I always wanted to Mrs. Kirk! Well…maybe I still do. Chris Pine is yummy. (Yeah, I know there was no Mrs. Kirk. One can dream, can’t she?)

9. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
I’d want to be able to read minds. Just think about what you could do with everybody else’s knowledge.

10. What is the most embarrassing situation you have had?
My most embarrassing? I don’t want to tell that story. Way too embarrassing. My life is full of little episodes. I am directionally challenged, so I’m always getting lost. I have foot in mouth disease, and I’m always saying something I shouldn’t. My worst habit is planning to do two things at the same time and having to cancel my plans and disappoint someone. One time I had three things going at once. Just today, I drove up to the drive-thru teller window and gave the teller a deposit for another bank. Once I drove up to a Hardees’s window and ordered from Taco Bell. How can I choose just one most embarrassing moment from so many?

11. If you were written about in the newspaper, on today’s front page, what would the headline say?
Local Writer’s Dreams Come True.

Titles by Denise Moncrief with Still Moments Publishing:
Snow White and the Seven Dogs: Unleashed Hearts (April 2012 Anthology)
Eye of the Storm: Moonlight Mysteries Series (May 2012)
Sleepless in St. Lucia: Something Borrowed, Something Blue (June 2012 Anthology)
Trail’s End: Bullets & Boots Series (September 2012)
Deceptions of the Heart (Fall 2012)
Ghost in the Garden: Haunted Shadows (October 2012 Anthology)
Visit Denise: http://www.denisemoncrief.blogspot.com

No comments: