Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Between The Pages - Confessions of a Courtesan

Confessions of a Courtesan
By Deborah Hale (writing as Elizabeth Charles)
October 2011

Scandalous but True! From the harsh streets of 18th century London, Lizzie Cane rose to become the most successful and sought-after courtesan in England! Mistress of earls, dukes and even the young Prince of Wales, she lived an exciting luxurious life that was not without its perils. A single misstep could spell disaster! Then, at the height of her career, she risked everything she had struggled to gain by breaking the courtesan's cardinal rule...Never fall in love!

Between the Pages of this story is an exciting love story set in 18th century England. I absolutely love historical romances and this one did not disappoint. One of my favorite time periods is 18th century England, so I could not put this one down. The world of courtesans and the way that men in high society would openly flaunt their relationships with these women, even if married, was so fascinating to me. As I read about Lizzie Cane and her different relationships, I was on the edge of my seat, wondering which one would finally snare her heart. This is based on a true story and real people which makes the whole thing more interesting, in my opinion. If you are a historical romance lover like I am, definitely check this one out!

Rating: 4 Stars

No comments: