Monday, February 18, 2013

Guilty Pleasures Interview with Tanith Davenport

Guilty Pleasures with Tanith Davenport

What fast food item do you adore?
I have a weakness for pizza. In the past I’d have said Chinese food, but I’ve found a lot of fast food places don’t do it properly any more.

Fuzzy or tube socks?
Fuzzy. Nearly all my socks are standard black ones so if I have a preference, it’d be for some warmth and comfort.

Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
Definitely chocolate. I have never been a vanilla person.

Dogs or cats?
Cats. I do love dogs, but my two cats would never allow one in the house. I’m lucky they even let me in.

Pen and paper to write or a computer?
Computer. I do my planning on paper and then type it up properly.

Ereader or paper back?
In the past I would have said paperback, but I’ve got very attached to my Kindle. It’s addictive.

Bubble bath or shower?
Shower – I can’t wash my hair in a bath and it’s long enough that it will always get wet!

Chick flicks or action movies?
Action movies, although my favourite genre is actually horror. You can’t beat a good horror film – I just wish there were more good ones out there.

Hot dogs or hamburgers?
Hamburgers, although when I was in New York I did develop a fondness for their chilli dogs.

Cowboy boots or sneakers?
Cowboy boots. Boots are sexier.

Flats or stiletto shoes?
Flats. I have a back condition which means I can’t wear heels.

Boxers or briefs on a man?
Boxers. I don’t know why, but I find briefs a little unmasculine.

Beard or clean shaven man?
Clean shaven. I can’t stand being prickled.
Favourite place to vacation?
My husband and I have a favourite resort in Majorca that we go to almost every year. That said, I would love to go back to the Amalfi coast. We visited it a few years ago and it was breathtaking.
Favourite drink from the bar?
It would have to be a Mojito. I can’t resist them.
Favourite article of clothing?
I’m a great fan of coats. Right now I have a long black coat with raised leaf and flower embroidery which I got on holiday in New York. It makes everything look good.
Favourite time of day?
I’m a morning person. That said, now that it’s winter I do love to wrap up in a snuggli and stare at the stars in the evening.
Favourite season?
Probably winter. I’m the Christmas fairy in our house. We have a German Christmas market in town which symbolizes everything I love about it – dark nights lit with fairy lights, mulled wine and gifts for everyone.
Favourite television show?
Right now, “Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files”. Since I started researching for my paranormal novella I’ve become fascinated with the subject.
Favourite movie you’ve watched more than once?
“Heavenly Creatures”. Nothing else comes close.
Favourite actor?
Female – either Sara Paxton or Katharine Isabelle. Male – Johnny Depp. There aren’t many actors you can always rely on to do a good job so when I find one, I watch them in everything.
Favourite song you listen to over and over again?
“Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen. It’s a long-standing favourite – it’s so happy.
Favourite candy your sweet-tooth craves?
I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but I do love violet creams.
What books might we find on your bedside table?
Right now I’m reading “Frankenstein” and “Tarzan of the Apes”, but I also keep a copy of “Royal Blood” by Bertram Fields near my bed. I’m fascinated by the Princes in the Tower.
What would your first thought be if you won a lottery?
“I can write full time!”
Thank you for sharing your Guilty Pleasures with Still Moments Magazine!
Tanith Davenport began writing erotica at the age of 27 by way of the Romantic Novelists' Association New Writers' Scheme. Her debut novel "The Hand He Dealt" was released by Total-e-Bound in June 2011 and was shortlisted for the Joan Hessayon Award for 2012. Tanith has had short stories published by Naughty Nights Press and House of Erotica. Her paranormal novella "I Heard Your Voice" was released in October 2012 as part of Total-e-Bound's anthology "Haunted By You".
 
 

No comments: