Friday, May 26, 2017

After The Review - Second Chance Romance

Between The Pages ~ After The Review
A conversation with the Author
Second Chance Romance by Jill Weatherholt

What one thing would readers be surprised to know about you?
Although I’ve always enjoyed writing and had several short stories published, Second Chance Romance was the first book that I’d ever written. 

Where did the inspiration for Second Chance Romance come from?
Many years ago, an old friend’s college roommate lost his family in a tragic car accident. He blamed himself for not saving his wife and children. The struggles he faced going forward never left my mind. Melanie Harper, the heroine in Second Chance Romance must face the challenges of survivor’s guilt. 

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
While writing Second Chance Romance, some of my favorite parts were the scenes with Rebecca and Melanie. Having lost her own children, Melanie’s walls were slowly being chiseled away by a child who longs to have a mother. 

What can we look forward to with your next writing project?
Will you be taking us to Sweet Gum again in the future?
Although Sweet Gum was a special place, Second Chance Romance was written as a stand-alone. I’m currently working on a series that also takes place in another fictional town in the Shenandoah Valley. 

Where can we find you and your books online?
One of my favorite forms of social media is blogging. You can find me at jillweatherholt.wordpress.com. I started the blog in 2012 and have since formed wonderful friendships with fellow bloggers and readers. I love getting to know people. My website www.jillweatherholt.com has links to retailers Amazon and Barnes and Noble where you can purchase Second Chance Romance and future books. You can also find me at my author Facebook page @jillweatherholtauthor or on Twitter @jillweatherholt.

1 comment:

Jill Weatherholt said...

Thanks for everything, Darlene! I really appreciate your support. Have a great weekend!