Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Author's Den - The Deep Well of Love and Murder

Joining me in The Author's Den on this beautiful day is Brenda Witeside. As the sun shines through the windows of the den, Brenda and I are enjoying a cup of Brenda's own blend of Candy Coffee (coconut and honey) and chatting about her book, The Deep Well of Love and Murder.

Brenda, tell us a little about yourself.
Born and raised a desert rat in Phoenix, Arizona, I didn’t know how much I preferred cooler climates until after marrying. I also learned I loved to travel. We’re gypsies at heart having lived in six states and two countries. We’re back in Arizona now, but farther north. We split our time between the pines in the north and the Tonto Basin in central Arizona. I published my first book in 2010. Wherever I open my laptop, I spend most of my time writing stories of discovery and love entangled with suspense.

What’s your guilty procrastination secret?
Honestly, I’m not a procrastinator…or at least not about things I feel guilty about. I’ll stall cleaning the refrigerator or dusting the shelves if there’s something more interesting to do.

What does your writing space look like?
It’s everywhere. Since we’re in the RV most of the time, I write in bed or on the couch. I can do brief stints outside, but I’m much more distracted out there.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
Spending time with our five-year-old granddaughter is my favorite activity. When she’s not around, I love going to movies or taking long walks.

What can we look forward to with your upcoming or next writing project?
I have a series planned that takes place over two time periods—the late 60’s and present day. My fictional town is based on a mining town turned ghost town turned artsy/tourist town in the Arizona mountains called Jerome. My city is Joshua and the family that makes it their home.

Where can we find you and your books online?
You can find my books just about everywhere—Amazon of course, but also Kobo, B&N, iTunes, Google Play to name a few.

Visit Brenda at www.brendawhiteside.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/BrendaWhitesideAuthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/brendawhitesid2
She blogs on the 9th and 24th of every month: http://rosesofprose.blogspot.com
She blogs about life’s latest adventure and has fun guests on her personal blog: http://brendawhiteside.blogspot.com/
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003V15WF8
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3972045.Brenda_Whiteside
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/brenda-whiteside

Let's take a peek at, The Deep Well of Love and Murder 
After an abusive childhood and a bad marriage, Laura Katz finally finds a home, stability…and possibly love. But her blissful refuge as nanny on the Meadowlark Ranch, miles from Flagstaff, shatters when her ex is released from prison, determined to reclaim her. 

Randy Silva, the ranch’s foreman, has dreams of his own ranch, but a nasty land grab is underway. While the battle escalates, Laura steals his heart, but dangerous outsiders and a criminal ex-husband stand in their way. Randy’s in a perilous fight for his land and the woman he wants by his side. 

1 comment:

Brenda Whiteside said...

I've enjoyed our visit in the den today. So relaxing.