Award-winning humor writer Vicky DeCoster is the author of Husbands, Hot Flashes, and All That Hullabaloo! and The Wacky World of Womanhood. Vicky lives in Nebraska with her husband and two children where she is working on her third book of humorous essays. Visit her at: www.wackywomanhood.com
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? - Hot cocoa
2. Snow – love it or hate it? - It's a love/hate relationship - love it until December 31, hate it every day after.
3. Christmas shopping, when do you start? - After Thanksgiving.
4. When do you start decorating? - Middle of November (outside). Inside, the day after T-giving.
5. Do you decorate outside? - Yes.
6. Real or artificial tree? - Artificial, although we had real for 15 years.
7. Coloured or white lights on tree? - White lights.
8. Do you have a favourite ornament? - Yes.
9. What sits on top of your tree? - An angel.
10. Do you hang mistletoe? - No.
11. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? - No.
12. What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa? - Sugar and snickerdoodle.
13. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? - The kids dress up and we have a "fancy dinner" in the dining room on Christmas Eve. The kids drink sparkling cider out of champagne glasses and we make the same dinner every year. Then the kids put on a show and we watch "A Christmas Story."
14. What is your favourite Christmas dessert? - Chocolate cream pie.
15. Do you cook Christmas dinner or go to a family member’s house? - Go to the in-law's house.
16. Favourite holiday memory as a child? - Opening the box that held the doll I had wanted for so long.
17. Favourite holiday memory as an adult? - Definitely our Christmas Eve tradition every year.
18. What was the best gift you received and who gave it to you? - A pair of diamond earrings by an old boyfriend who I knew could not afford the gift, but saved his money for months to buy it for me.
19. What is your favourite Christmas carol? - Oh Silent Night.
20. What is your favourite Christmas movie? - A Christmas Story.