Thursday, December 16, 2010

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas #11

Denysé Bridger: I am a Canadian romance and fantasy author, signed with 8 publishers just now. My passions are my work, Italy, and music - I don't think I could live without any of them. I'm working on at least a dozen projects at any time, and I also currently write a column for an Italian website, mostly for their Entertainment Giornale.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Egg nog all the way!
2. Snow – love it or hate it? LOVE it!!
3. Christmas shopping – when do you start? Mid-November, sometimes along the way if I see something that just screams out at me for someone.
4. When do you start decorating? Second week in December
5. Do you decorate outside? Rarely
6. Real or artificial tree? Artificial in recent years.
7. Coloured or white lights on tree? Coloured until last year - new tree came with white/clear.
8. Do you have a favourite ornament? Yes, a brass Victorian Coach
9. What sits on top of your tree? An angel that is 55 years old this Christmas
10. Do you hang mistletoe? No, it's just me and my mom
11. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Not all of them, usually just one
12. What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa? Shortbread!
13. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? Every Christmas Eve I watch the 1951 Alistair Sim version of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge - I just love it!
14. What is your favourite Christmas dessert? Warm Panetonne
15. Do you cook Christmas dinner or go to a family member’s house? In recent years we've gone to my sister's, prior to that, she and her husband used to come here.
16. Favourite holiday memory as a child? Sneaking out to see what Santa had left under the tree, my sister and I used to creep out of our beds a dozen times that night!
17. Favourite holiday memory as an adult? My last Christmas with my dad because he was so happy.
18. What was the best gift you received and who gave it to you? They've all been wonderful and cherished!
19. What is your favourite Christmas carol? Silver Bells or Sleigh Ride
20. What is your favourite Christmas movie? A Christmas Carol, with Alistair Sim.

No comments: