Monday, February 25, 2013

Krista's Corner - January 2013

Krista's Corner - Janaury 2013

Christmas is Over?
     Yay!  Is that what you’re saying?  Truly…I’m on the fence about it.  I really do love Christmas and while the months leading up to the holiday are financially stressful, organizationally challenging and even sometimes fun(especially when my hubby has to shop lol), it’s only one day and its over almost before we get to really enjoy it.   Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad to have no more shopping and wrapping to do and the decorations are all put away but I don’t like that deflated feeling that comes after the fact. 
     My kids ripped through their presents quickly as usual this year and were off to play with the things they got.  My husband and I sat down and relaxed, looked at each other and smiled.  Christmas was a success but alas, it’s over.  Our tradition has been that we keep the decorations up until New Year’s Day, unless our cats knock too many bulbs off the tree.  This year though it lasted with only 2 bulbs broken and we made it a family affair taking off all the ornaments and cooking all the leftover foods from the Holidays.
     Did anyone get any good books for Christmas this year?  I got a hardback copy of Linda Lael Miller’s An Outlaw’s Christmas.  I’m a sucker for a cowboy so my hubby did a great job!!  Feel free to drop me an email at krista@kristaames and let me know how your Christmas was !!
     Any New Year’s resolutions?  Well….for me I suppose it can be the continual “I’ve gotta lose weight” from years gone by but you know what…I just like living too much J  I’ll just stick with MORE READING & MORE WRITING !!
     I’d also like to briefly touch on the school tragedy from mid-December and send continual prayers to all those families that lost their precious children or loved ones and we hope with all our hearts that they may find peace in the New Year!
     Here’s to you and yours!

Krista Ames is a full-time author, mom and wife, and resides in northern lower Michigan with her husband and 4 children. Krista loves to hear from readers! krista@kristaames.com.

No comments: