Donna Alward has the best job in the world: a combination of stay-at-home mother and romance novelist. In 2001 she penned her first novel, and found herself hooked on writing romance. In 2006 she sold her first manuscript, and now writes for Harlequin's Romance line from her home in Nova Scotia. Donna loves to hear from readers; you can contact her through her website at http://www.donnaalward.com/.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate
2. Snow – love it or hate it? Love it, except when I have to shovel it.
3. Christmas shopping – when do you start? January :)
4. When do you start decorating? Last weekend of November
5. Do you decorate outside? YES!
6. Real or artificial tree? Artificial
7. Coloured or white lights on tree? Coloured
8. Do you have a favourite ornament? Every year we put a personalized ornament in the kids’ stockings. Our tree is going to look awfully bare when they grow up and leave, but there are some nice memories on it right now.
9. What sits on top of your tree? An angel
10. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes
11. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? The kids open one, and it’s always pyjamas
12. What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa? Shortbread
13. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? Steak Barbeque on Christmas Eve!
14. What is your favourite Christmas dessert? Mince Pie
15. Do you cook Christmas dinner or go to a family member’s house? Cook it!
16. Favourite holiday memory as a child? In a twisted way – the year I had the stomach flu and my sister coddled me. It wasn’t much fun but I did feel loved.
17. Favourite holiday memory as an adult? And in the same twisted way – one year my mom was visiting for Christmas and we all came down with the stomach flu on Christmas Eve except the kids. They were 100%. We felt like death and had Christmas dinner on Boxing Day!
18. What was the best gift you received and who gave it to you? Cross Country Skis when I was a kid – and from Santa, of course!
19. What is your favourite Christmas carol? Silent Night
20. What is your favourite Christmas movie? White Christmas