Monday, May 21, 2018

The Author's Den - Love is Lovelier

Joining me in The Author's Den on this sunny day is Donna Simonetta.

Donna and I are enjoying a glass of lemon-lime seltzer water, and chatting about her book, Love is Lovelier.

Donna, tell us a little about yourself.
My career has been a winding road. I worked in the business world for years, got my MLS and worked in a school library, and am now living my dream as an author. I love to read and write contemporary and fantasy romance. I live in Maryland, with my husband, who is my real-life romance hero. We both enjoy traveling to visit our far-flung family and friends, and spending time on the beach with an umbrella drink and a good book.

What’s your guilty procrastination secret?
At the moment, it’s one I think would surprise some people––a video game! I’ve been playing “Zelda Breath of the Wild”, and I love to play a little after I’m done writing for the day…and maybe, sometimes when I’m not actually done! Haha! It’s an amazing game---beautiful graphics, and so much fun to play!

What does your writing space look like?
When I quit my day job and started writing full-time, I cleaned out a cluttered room in our house, put together a little computer table we bought years ago and never did anything with, and set up a little office for my new writing career. I was so excited to have a space dedicated to my work. However, I found that I have a harder time writing there, than I did in my old writing space. I even struggled with writer’s block, which had never happened to me before! Now I’m back writing in my living room, where I used to write before my new office. My husband calls it my Command Center, because I have everything I need in arm’s reach. I sit in a comfy chair, and use my laptop computer on a lap desk. Next to me, is a basket with notebooks and binders on my current work-in-progress, and a table where I can keep my beverage, cell phone, and an assortment of pens and pencils. There are more distractions––television, music, and lots of windows from which I can look out at the world. But, for some reason, I actually am more productive at my Command Center, than I am in my more isolated new office space.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing? 
I love to read. My favourite type of books are contemporary romance and cozy mysteries. As I said before, I’m enjoying playing Zelda right now, and I’m also a complete and utter TV-aholic. My fave types of programs are the ghost-hunting reality shows. I watch ALL of them!

What can we look forward to with your upcoming or next writing project?
Angels Fly is coming out on audio soon, about which I am super excited! It’s the first of my books to go to audio. I’m writing book 3 in the Rivers Bend trilogy, which is Jason and Lily’s story––the playboy Braden has finally met his match! I’m also working on a ghost story/romance, where the hero is a ghost hunter. See? All the ghostly reality shows I binge watch are just for research. Really. I swear.

Where can we find you and your books online?  
I am all over the place online…here are some places you can find me: https://www.facebook.com/donnasimonettaauthor
https://twitter.com/donna_simonetta
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15422407.Donna_Simonetta
https://www.amazon.com/Donna-Simonetta/e/B06X415TWW/
https://www.bookbub.com/authors/donna-simonetta

Let's take a peek at, Love is Lovelier.
Heather and Mick have a long history together, and Heather wants to leave it in the past where it belongs. Yet, here Mick is, very much in her present, thanks to her brother Jeff, who hired Mick to be her boss at the Retreat at Rivers Bend. 

It wouldn’t be so bad, except Heather and Mick are still attracted to each other like metal to a magnet. Oh, and her brother is considering offering Mick a partnership in the Retreat, which by rights should be hers. And even if they act on their attraction, Heather is a small-town, country girl, and proud of it, whereas Mick can’t get far enough from his West Virginia coal-mining roots. 

Will they be able to get a second chance at their first love and find their happy ending together in Rivers Bend?

Amazon: http://a.co/evyW3O3
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/love-is-lovelier-donna-simonetta/1127826062?ean=2940158723117
The Wild Rose Press: https://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/5637-love-is-lovelier.html
Amazon UK: http://amzn.eu/avKGJZq

3 comments:

Donna Simonetta said...

Thank you so much for letting me visit the Author's Den this morning!
: )
Donna

GiniRifkin said...

Congratulations on your first audio book! I'm binge watching a western for "research", glad I'm not alone using that excuse.

Donna Simonetta said...

Thanks so much, Gini! It's odd hearing someone read your words. Cool. But odd. And, you are not alone––Team TV Research! Hahaha