Wednesday, January 6, 2021

A Writer's Words - Who Is Your Hero?

Life Coaching 
By Vicky DeCoster 
 Who Is Your Hero?
There are many heroes quietly living among us. While fulfilling their purpose, these luminaries or influencers rely on their strengths and talents to transform the world in positive ways. But what we may not realize much of the time while observing these heroes in action is that they can serve as inspiration for us, especially when we are developing a plan to create our ideal life. 

Who is your hero? This person may be a political figure, a philanthropist, your grandmother, or a dear friend. Now, think about what you more admire most in your hero. Perhaps, he or she has changed the world in major ways. Or maybe this person is quietly working behind the scenes every day to slowly evoke positive change. Perhaps your hero has persevered through an unthinkable tragedy with courage and then created their ideal life from the lessons learned. Or maybe this hero is someone who has provided you with unconditional love, no matter how many mistakes you have made. 

While we are each unique in our own ways, it can be helpful to take these admirable traits and apply them to our journey through life, using them to propel ourselves forward, especially when we feel stuck. When practicing this simple exercise, it can be helpful to list the admirable traits in your journal or in a notebook. After listing the traits, document why these are admirable traits. Then write exactly how you plan to incorporate some of these traits into your own life.

For example: 
My Hero’s Admirable Traits: Courageous; Determined; Focused; Positive; Treats others with respect and dignity; Loves everyone equally.

I admire my hero’s courage and determination because I know I need to learn how to overcome certain fears that are holding me back. My hero is focused, positive, and treats others well. I know I need more focus in my life. I can achieve that by setting clear goals that move me forward into the next chapter. I also know that I have a tendency to sometimes be pessimistic, and need to practice gratitude for the gifts in my life. Even though it’s hard, I know I should treat others with respect, even when they disagree with me. I can begin doing that today by listening more than talking. Finally, I know I should love everyone equally. I can do this by remembering that we are all the same on the inside. 

Who is your hero? They are all around us. All you have to do is stop, observe, and then use their light to illuminate your own journey.

© 2021 Vicky DeCoster All Rights Reserved
Vicky DeCoster is a Certified Life Coach who specializes in helping her clients move past obstacles, create a plan for happiness, and cross the bridge of transition to find a new and fulfilling direction in life. To read more about her and her practice, visit her at http://www.crossthebridgecoaching.com/
#LifeCoach #LifeCoaching #Blogging #LifeGoals #Motivation #Inspirational #PositiveChange #PositiveAttitude #MindfulnessPractice

No comments: