Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Between The Pages - Don't Look Back Agnes


Don’t Look Back Agnes/
In This House
By Kathryn Meyer Griffith
July 2012

Don't Look Back Agnes: Agnes Michaels is coming home. Home to her childhood town of Fairfield and the house her father lovingly built for her mother. A house surrounded by the woods where Agnes' two childhood friends and her boyfriend were all murdered twenty summers ago when she was just seventeen. Agnes can no longer avoid her destiny. Because the killings have begun again and she's the only one who can stop them.

Between the Pages of this novel is definitely the kind of story that keeps you on edge the entire read. Two things I’d like to say right off…I loved this cover and wow the first paragraph creeped me out! I love ghost stories and I’m a sucker for a great romance and this has both. I can really feel the fear in Agnes as she jumps from her car and races to the front door as quickly as possible. Dark and creepy woods...I probably wouldn’t have gotten out of the car. Ms. Griffith does a fantastic job of weaving in the mystery and tells a story you can’t pull yourself away from. I also very much enjoyed how Ms. Griffith allowed Agnes to come to terms with the horror of her childhood, saying goodbye to lost love and also giving her the ability to look toward a bright new future and even  maybe a new love.
In addition, this book also had an added story at the end called In This House. I don’t want to give anything away, but what an amazing love story! I cried when I got to the very end. I’m guessing my parents are in the same age range as Bernard and Althea and it definitely made me stop and think how I live my life and how much I miss seeing my parents on a daily basis with living so far away from them.
Don’t miss another great book by mystery author Katherine Meyer Griffith!

Rating: 4 Stars

No comments: