Monday, July 23, 2018

The Author's Den - Dancing in the Sand

Joining me in The Author's Den on this beautiful summer day is Maria Imbalzano. As the sun shines through the windows of the den, Maria and I are enjoying a glass of Pinot Grigio and chatting about her book, Dancing in the Sand.

Maria, tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a retired matrimonial lawyer who now writes full time. Instead of drafting motions, legal memoranda, and briefs, although fascinating, I spend my days creating memorable characters and taking them on their emotional journeys through my contemporary romance novels. In addition to writing fiction, I’m on the Board of the Thomas Edison State University Foundation where I chair the Special Events Committee and I’m very involved with Dress for Success Central Jersey, having been a founding Board member. I also serve on the finance committee for The Present Day Club. I have received the distinguished Family of Edison Award for my work with The Thomas Edison State University Foundation, the Iron Mike Professional Achievement Award from Trenton Catholic Academy and I was inducted into the Italian American National Hall of Fame. My novel, “Unchained Memories,” won the Wisconsin Romance Writers Write Touch Readers’ Award and the ACRA Readers’ Choice Heart of Excellence Award. My latest novel, “Dancing in the Sand” has garnered many five-star reviews.

What’s your guilty procrastination secret?
Crossword puzzles, crytoquips, scrambles, and word searches in the local newspaper.

What does your writing space look like?
I love my writing office which I shamelessly stole from my husband the day after he had a desk delivered. I now have his teak desk with three separate pieces that contain drawers for all my files and manuscripts. There’s a big comfy chair and ottoman in the room used for reading, an elliptical machine to exercise and a television to watch while exercising.


Our cat, Lucky, is usually a part of the office décor. The photo of the desk is deceiving. It is never that clean. 

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing? 
I go to Jazzercize, which I love because it’s dancing through exercise. I’m taking a literature course at Princeton University and intend to take at least one course every semester. And I read. During the summer, I love to walk or bicycle on the boardwalk from Asbury Park to Belmar and beyond. Going out to dinner with family and friends is always on the agenda.

What can we look forward to with your upcoming or next writing project?
I just signed a contract for a four-book series called the Sworn Sister Series. It’s about four high school girlfriends, now in their early thirties, who are each going through major life events (divorce, broken engagement, adoption, career transitions). There are romances in each book along with much angst and conflict. The women help each other navigate through their traumas and romantic relationships. The first book in the series, “Sworn to Forget” should be released during the summer.

Where can we find you and your books online? 
Visit my website at www.mariaimbalzano.com and please sign up for my newsletter so I can keep you advised of the release dates for the books in the Sworn Sisters Series.
Amazon amzn.to/1V9VeeU
All Romance http://bit.ly/1T2iAnH
Bookstrand bookstrand.com/dancing-in-the-sand
Kobo http://bit.ly/27b1RVo
Wild Rose Press https://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=Maria+Imbalzano&submit_search=
B&N http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dancing-in-the-sand-maria-imbalzano/1122378243?ean=2940150767836

Let's take a peek at, Dancing in the Sand.
An accomplished dance major in New York City, Ava Harrington is pursuing her dream of becoming a professional in a national dance company. But a celebratory weekend in Newport, where she meets the man of her fantasies, has devastating consequences that change her life forever. 

Brian Stanhope, a Harvard graduate, poised to join his father’s company, suffers a brain injury in a horseback riding accident, which affects his memory. He has no recollection of his graduation party weekend or the beautiful dancer who turned his head and stole his heart. 

When they reunite eight years later, the magic of their powerful attraction binds them together, but the past holds a secret that even love may not be able to overcome.

No comments: