Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Between The Pages - Kingdom of Acatalec

Kingdom of Acatalec 
S.M. McCoy 
October 2022 

I work with aliens, my best friends is held hostage, and everyone wants to murder me before the Lord Prince can magically bond to share my power?

If I had known an illegal drone race would lead to murder, kidnapping, and lies, then I might have thought better about the giant prize of credits, and the dream of walking again. 

I never met my best friend in person until a drone race gone wrong had both of us vying for our lives against a secret alien society. To make matters worse... my boss was one of them, and I couldn't decide if he was trying to save my life, or the reason I was in trouble to begin with. 

Between The Pages 
This science fiction/fantasy book was such an interesting read. The heroine (Tyler) is wheelchair bound yet she has great strength and determination. Working as a drone pilot, she gets pulled into an illegal drone race and that’s when things get crazy. This story is fast paced and filled with action and twists. The author does a wonderful job blending a science fictional/futuristic setting and other worldly beings that look like humans but are aliens who have different forms of magical traits. I’m not a big reader of science fiction books, so at times I was confused as to what was going on, but the author created an intriguing page-turning plot that captivates the reader. The large cast of characters keep you guessing who the good guys are and which ones are villains. Tyler is attracted to two men, but just when you think one of them is the hero, the author spins a twist and has you thinking maybe it’s the other guy, which deepens the intrigue. Once you read book one in The Acatalec Series, you’ll want to buckle up for book two which is sure to be another action filled ride. 

Rating
4.5 Stars

No comments: