Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Author's Den - Wedding Bell Blues

Joining me in The Author's Den on this winter day is Susanne Matthews. Susanne and I are enjoying a cup of herbal tea! We're sitting by the fire and chatting about her upcoming new release, Wedding Bell Blues.

Susanne, tell us a little about yourself.
I live in Eastern Ontario, Canada with my husband of 46 years. We have three grown children and seven grandchildren. While my family is French-Canadian, my DNA tells a different story in that I’m 45% British with absolutely no French in the rest of the mix. That was indeed a surprise. I’ve always been an avid reader, but prefer stories with happy endings. I see reading as an escape from the reality of this world and want to feel better when I finish a book, not worse. I assume my readers do, too. After teaching for more than 30 years, I now spend my days writing and creating adventures, whether in a contemporary, historical, sci-fi, paranormal, or suspense setting. I love the ins and outs of romance, and the journey it takes me to get from the first word to the last period of a novel. As I write, my characters take on a life of their own, and steer the story, letting me share their fears and agonies, as well as a few surprises, on their way to self-discovery and love.

What’s your guilty writing procrastination secret?
I’m a consummate editor. I constantly go back and edit what I’ve written before moving on.

Where is your favourite writing spot?
I have my own office and that’s where I do all my writing. It’s warm, cozy, and quiet. If the door’s closed, no one bothers me.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
I love traveling, especially on a cruise ship. I enjoy being pampered, meeting people from all over the world, and seeing new things.

What can we look forward to with your upcoming or next writing project?
Wedding Bell Blues is my newest book and it’s a bit of a departure for me in that it isn’t primarily a suspense novel. There’s humor, misunderstanding, a search for treasure, and even mermaids in the mix, but mostly it’s a story of a girl finding that the first boy she ever loved was the one for her, and a man who’s been scarred by the ugliness of life realizing the girl he liked and admired all those years ago not only needs him but makes his soul whole once more.

Where can we find you online?
All of my books can be found through my website: https://mhsusannematthews.ca/

Lets take a peek at, Wedding Bell Blues!
Romance, mermaids, cursed treasure, and more.
MJ's having a bad year. She’s canceled her wedding, but refuses to give up the honeymoon. When she arrives on Paradise Island, she discovers her ex has changed the reservation. Stranded, she has to rely on her first love, a man who sees her as his kid sister, for help. When Paul discovers the man behind her plight is the bully who made his own teen years hell, he gets MJ to agree to pretend to be his fiancĂ©e. Reluctantly, she agrees. Add in mermaids, treasure hunters, and Quimbois magic, and anything can happen—even falling in love.

Wedding Bell Blues is available at the following retailers for the special pre-order and introductory price of 99 cents USD.
Amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078J5GVJ7
Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078J5GVJ7
Amazon.co.uk https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078J5GVJ7
Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/770229
Kobo https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/wedding-bell-blues-20
Barnes and Noble https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wedding-bell-blues-susanne-matthews/1127692644?ean=2940154659274

No comments: