Saturday, June 23, 2018

Always the Hero

Always the Hero 
Anna J. Stewart
March 2018

He never relied on anyone but himself... 

But he needs her now! 

Butterfly Harbor deputy Matt Knight wants two things: to date Lori Bradley and the chance to adopt Kyle, a troubled teen. Wounded in Afghanistan, Matt knows he can't move forward anchored to the past. But once he regains the guarded hotel manager's trust, will his need to protect those he loves cost him a future with this extraordinary woman? 

Between The Pages 
This sweet romance is part of the Butterfly Harbor Stories, but stands well as an individual story. I must admit, I found the beginning a bit slow to draw me in. However, I enjoy revisiting Butterfly Harbor to reconnect with the cast of characters from previous books. The author has created such a quaint little town that welcomes you with each and every new story. I’m invested in the cast and want to know what they’ve been up to. Congratulations to the author for creating a heroine with a not-so-perfect body shape. Lori is someone many women will relate to, and her growing friendship with Matt is filled with ups and downs. The story line is captivating as the author gives you a glimpse into Lori’s and Matt’s complicated pasts. Watching their relationship bloom is heartwarming. An emotional journey soon builds and grabs your attention with both hands. I love how the story progresses and engages me as a reader. I don’t want to reveal any spoilers, but I will warn you to have a tissue (or two) ready as there are a couple of scenes waiting to bring a tear (or two) to your eyes. I anxiously await my next visit to Butterfly Harbor.

Rating
5 Stars

No comments: